BASILDON & PITSEA CRICKET CLUB - Our Badge

Our badge

The current Basildon & Pitsea CC club badge is modelled very closely on the Basildon Borough Council badge, although re-coloured into the club's current colours of Green, Gold and Black.

The badge shows 4 quarters; each with a different scene depicted; these scenes are described as follows:

Top left; the Mayflower Ship; this is shown to depict Billericay; inhabitants of Billericay sailed on the Mayflower when it made it's historic expedition to the new world.
Top right; the wheatsheaf; this is shown to depict Wickford and it's history of farmland.
Bottom left; the church; this is St Nicholas Church in Laindon, which dates back to the 17th century.
Bottom right; the mallard; mallard rising depicts the marshlands of Pitsea.

In the middle of the badge (only really seen on shirts close up) is a silhouette of the Mother and Child statue by Maurice Lambert, commissioned in 1959 to symbolise the growth of the new town.  This statue stands today in the Town Square in Basildon.